L'Abbatiale de la
Liturgie Apocryphe

Montréal, p.Q.


A Catholic school is forced to cover up a brand new statue after the ‘unfortunate’ design shows a kneeling boy and a saint holding a loaf of bread.



  • Adelaide Catholic school has covered up a statue after its image went viral
  • It depicts a saint handing a loaf of bread from his cloak to a kneeling young boy
  • Instagram went wild, with many mocking Blackfriars Priory School’s statue


ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA – A Catholic boys school has been forced to cover up a brand new statue after a rather unfortunate design created a storm on social media.


Blackfriars Priory School in Adelaide last week unveiled a statue of St Dominic handing a young boy a loaf of bread.


However the design featuring a boy kneeling at the foot of the 12th century Spanish-born saint has caused embarrassment to the inner-city school, which teaches boys from kindergarten to year 12.


A black cloth now covers the statue of the saint, who was recognised for performing the miracle of multiplying bread.


The school was forced to cover the statue with a black cloth after students took inappropriate photos on Friday, the Adelaide Advertiser reports.


This week, it was completed cordoned off. Images of the statue were shared on Instagram page S***Adelaide, attracting 1315 likes and more than 359 comments by Wednesday morning.


‘Like who the hell designed, approved and erected it and no one thought about it?’,’ one critic said

Another wondering about the vetting process. ‘Was there seriously no one that looked at this before it was installed?,‘ she asked. One woman suggested it was an innocent statue. ‘He’s just giving the boy some bread,’ she said. But one man pointed out the unfortunate sex abuse connotations involving Catholic priests and young boys. ‘Hahahaha pedo priest,’ he said.



Stephen Johnson
Daily Mail Australia


***


One in 14 Catholic priests accused of abuse in Australia (February 6, 2017)

Le gouvernement verse 15 M$ pour des églises de Québec

L’église Saint-Charles de Limoilou Photo : Radio-Canada/Maxime Corneau



QUÉBEC – Le gouvernement Couillard répond à une demande de la Ville de Québec et octroie 15 millions de dollars supplémentaires sur 10 ans pour la préservation de 8 églises patrimoniales.


En septembre dernier, la Ville avait elle-même annoncé 15 millions pour la réfection ou la reconversion d’églises et invitait le gouvernement à égaler la mise, ce que le ministre de la Culture et des Communications, Luc Fortin, a annoncé mardi matin.


« On dit souvent que les églises au Québec, c’est un peu nos châteaux à nous, ç’a une forte valeur identitaire, culturelle et touristique. Il y a beaucoup de gens qui viennent pour le tourisme religieux. On voit ces jours-ci l’importance que ça prend avec le Cyclorama de Jérusalem alors, en ce sens, c’était important pour nous de répondre à l’appel du maire de Québec », a indiqué le ministre.


Luc Fortin a tenu à spécifier que l’argent n’est pas octroyé pour des considérations religieuses, mais pour la sauvegarde des bâtiments.


« L’église, qu’elle ait une vocation religieuse ou non, elle fait partie de notre patrimoine, de notre identité, de notre histoire et on se doit de la préserver »

précise-t-il.

Les huit églises identifiées par la Ville sont la basilique-cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-Québec, la cathédrale anglicane Holy Trinity, l’église Saint-Charles-Borromée, l’église de la Nativité, l’église Saint-Roch, l’église Saint-Sauveur ainsi que les églises Saint-Jean-Baptiste et Saint-Charles-de-Limoilou, qui sont fermées.


Julie Lemieux, responsable du patrimoine à la Ville de Québec, confirme que l’argent pourra servir à la reconversion de ces deux églises. Des représentants de l’administration municipale et du gouvernement établissent en ce moment les critères pour l’octroi des subventions.


« Je pense qu’avec les montants qui sont sur la table présentement, on va réussir à préserver notre patrimoine et à trouver des nouvelles idées de reconversion pour les églises qui sont fermées au culte », affirme Julie Lemieux.


L’entente entre la Ville et le ministère de la Culture comprend également un million de dollars de plus pour soutenir la restauration du patrimoine bâti des sites patrimoniaux de Sillery, Charlesbourg et Beauport ainsi que le Vieux-Québec.



De l’argent pour la place de Paris


Le gouvernement s’engage également à financer une partie de la restauration de la place de Paris, dans le Vieux-Port, où sera aménagé un marché public saisonnier.


La Ville a annoncé son intention de réaménager ce site après la démolition de la sculpture Dialogue avec l’histoire, il y a deux ans.


« C’est une place qui va devenir belle. Pour l’instant, on s’entend qu’elle est un peu en chantier, mais éventuellement on veut lui redonner ses lettres de noblesse, on veut la rendre plus vivante. Il y a de la place aussi pour faire une place publique autour du marché », affirme Julie Lemieux, sans donner d’échéancier pour la réalisation du projet.



Radio-Canada


***


Alléluia! Les églises se transforment (December 23, 2012)
Ne touchez pas à mon église! (2012) de BRUNO BOULIANNE (February 28, 2012)
Dresser une liste : Patrimoine et Identité culturelle (July 13, 2011)
Églises converties du Québec (July 23, 2010)
Vouloir sauver des églises sans se faire d’illusions (July 7, 2010)
Est-ce la fin de l’Église catholique au Québec? (April 3, 2010)

The Incredulity of Saint Thomas (1603) by CARAVAGGIO

The Incredulity of Saint Thomas (1603) by CARAVAGGIO



The Shroud of Turin is stained with the blood of a torture victim, scientists have claimed.


Analysis of the linen cloth, purportedly used to bury Jesus after his crucifixion, contains “nanoparticles” of blood which are not typical of that of a healthy person, according to researchers.


Institute of Crystallography researcher Elvio Carlino, one of the authors of the report, said the particles are conducive with someone having been through “great suffering”.


“Our results point out that at the nanoscale a scenario of violence is recorded in the funeral fabric,” authors wrote in the scientific article, published in PLOS One.


“The consistent bound of ferritin iron to creatinine occurs in human organism in case of a severe polytrauma.”


Researchers believe the particles show a “peculiar structure, size and distribution”, which corroborates the theory that it was used as a burial cloth.


They also believe it contradicts previous theories that the shroud was made in medieval times.


Professor Giulio Fanti, one of the author’s of the research, said: “The presence of these biological nanoparticles found during our experiments point to a violent death for the man wrapped in the Turin Shroud.”


The cloth’s authenticity is highly contentious and divides religious opinion.


Some Christians believe the fabric – which is kept in the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist in Turin – is the burial shroud of Jesus of Nazereth, dating back over 2,000 years.


But previous scientific studies have suggested the cloth, which appears to be imprinted with the face of a man, may in fact be from the 13th or 14th century – centuries after Jesus is believed to have died.


One study found the cloth had been manufactured in India.


The research was published in US scientific journal PlosOne and is titled: “New Biological Evidence from Atomic Resolution Studies on the Turin Shroud.”



Lucy Pasha-Robinson
The Independent


***


Shroud of Turin on display for first time since 2002 restoration (April 22, 2010)


***


Caesars Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to invent Jesus (2012) by FRITZ HEEDE & NIJOLE SPARKIS (February 13, 2015)

  • Raid at flat belonging to the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
  • Occupant of flat was allegedly secretary to Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio
  • Coccopalmerio heads Pontifical Council for Legislative texts and is a key adviser to the Pope

Vatican police have broken up a gay orgy at the home of the secretary to one of Pope Francis’s key advisers, it has been reported.


The flat belonged to the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which is in charge of tackling clerical sexual abuse.


Reports in Italy claim the occupant of the apartment is allegedly the secretary to Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio – a key aide to the 80-year-old Pope.


Coccopalmerio heads the Pontifical Council for Legislative texts and was said to have once recommended his secretary for a promotion to bishop.


The explosive claims were made in the Italian newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano.



It is the latest scandal to hit the Vatican and comes after its finance chief Cardinal George Pell was charged with historical sexual offences.


Pell has protested his innocence and said he was looking forward to having his day in court after a two-year investigation, ‘leaks to the media’ and ‘relentless character assassination’. Police have not revealed details of the charges against the 76-year-old, citing the need to preserve the integrity of the judicial process.


In March the Vatican was hit with a wave of lurid accusations of misbehaving priests across Italy with scandals involving orgies, prostitution and porn videos.


The claims were embarrassing to the Vatican, which under Pope Francis has attempted to demand high standards of the clergy.


Francis has tried to clamp down on unethical behaviour ever since being made Pope in 2013 and has often spoken out against the pitfalls of ‘temptation’.



Julian Robinson
The Daily Mail


***


Italian Catholic priests ‘filmed having casual sex at gay clubs’ (July 26, 2010)

Arkansas' Ten Commandments Monument Lasted Less Than 24 Hours, Laurel Wamsley, NPR, June 28, 2017

Staff at the Secretary of State’s Office inspect the damage to the new Ten Commandments monument outside the state Capitol in Little Rock, Ark.,
on Wednesday morning. Police say a car crashed into it less than 24 hours after it was installed. Jill Zeman Bleed/AP



Less than a day after a monument of the Ten Commandments was installed outside the Arkansas State Capitol in Little Rock, it was destroyed when a man smashed a car into the stone.


Authorities say Michael T. Reed II drove a 2016 Dodge Dart into the 6,000-pound granite slab at about 4:47 a.m. local time on Wednesday.


“My boss called me and told me the Ten Commandments monument had been destroyed,” Secretary of State and Capitol Police spokesman Chris Powell told NPR. “When I got here, it was rolled over on the sidewalk and broken into multiple pieces.”


A video that appears to have been taken from inside the car was posted on the Facebook account of a Michael Reed early Wednesday; Powell told the AP that officials believe the video is authentic. It shows what looks like the Arkansas State Capitol building. A man’s voice says: “Oh my goodness. Freedom!” as the car careens into the monument.



Powell said the crash into the 6-foot-tall slab was no accident.


“This was deliberate. The individual drove down there and stopped. He was videoing it on his cellphone as he accelerated into the monument,” Powell said. “One of our Capitol Police officers was on patrol and witnessed it.”


Reed, who police say is a 32-year-old white man from Van Buren, Ark., was arrested outside the Capitol and booked at the Pulaski County Jail. He faces preliminary charges of defacing an object of public respect, a Class C felony; criminal mischief in the first degree, a Class C felony; and trespassing on the state Capitol grounds, a misdemeanor.


Reed was arrested in 2014 for driving a car into the Ten Commandments monument at Oklahoma’s state Capitol, Oklahoma County Sheriff’s spokesman Mark Opgrande told The Associated Press. He was admitted to a hospital the next day for mental treatment and was not formally charged, the AP reports. In the 2014 incident, The Oklahoman reported that the U.S. Secret Service interviewed Reed and that he told agents that he has bipolar disorder and that Satan had directed him to destroy the monument.


The Tulsa World reported in 2015 that Reed sent the newspaper a letter apologizing for the destruction of the Oklahoma monument. “I am so sorry that this all happening (sic) and wished I could take it all back,” Reed wrote, explaining to the World that he had begun to believe the voices in his head.


Police said Wednesday that Reed was cooperative during his arrest and that, so far, there is no indication of motive.


The erection of the privately funded monument has been contentious. The Arkansas Legislature passed a law in 2015 requiring the installation of the monument on Capitol grounds. The Ten Commandments were erected Tuesday morning, and the ACLU of Arkansas has said it will sue for the monument’s removal.


Meanwhile, Powell said Capitol workers are left picking up the (extremely heavy) pieces: “Our crew is in the process of cleaning all that up and carting it off. They have to get a tractor and put it on pallets and lift it up.”


And the Dodge Dart was towed away, Powell said, adding, “There was minor damage, but not what you’d think, from what I hear, from knocking over a big stone monument.”


Republican state Sen. Jason Rapert, who spearheaded the effort to install the Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol, says he wants to replace it, Michael Hibblen of member station KUAR reports.


“We will rebuild the monument,” Rapert said. “It will be put in place and hopefully protect it from any future harm.”



Laurel Wamsley
NPR


***


Ten Commandments Monument Destroyed. The Satanic Temple Comments: "My immediate response is one in which I want to be clear that we do not celebrate the monument's destruction or vandalism. Ultimately, it will come down, but it can and should be done by the proper legal process," said Lucien Greaves (Satanic Temple) in a statement Wednesday. "I also want to stress that the man who did this, while clearly mentally ill, is also a self-described born again "Jesus Freak." When he did the same thing in Oklahoma, the politicians there attempted to describe him as a Satanist. I want it to be clear that while we do not celebrate what he has done, he clearly also does not align himself with us either." (Article © Arkansasmatters.com by Austin Kellerman) #thesatanictemple

A post shared by The Satanic Temple (@thesatanictemple) on

L'Abbatiale de la
Liturgie Apocryphe

"The production of nervous force is directly connected with the diet of an individual, and its refining depends on the very purity of this diet, allied to appropriate breathing exercises.

The diet most calculated to act effectively on the nervous force is that which contains the least quantity of animal matter; therefore the Pythagorean diet, in this connection, is the most suitable.

...

The main object was to avoid introducing into the organism what Descartes called 'animal spirits'. Thus, all animals that had to serve for the nourishment of the priests were slaughtered according to special rites, they were not murdered, as is the case nowadays".